zx. 20+. wants(1 gpa to stay abv 4.00 (2 big watsons dog/guitar lessons/tohoshinki cds/dvds/polaroid camera(on a whimsy)/new sandals/dresses!/skirts/tops/shorts... (3 summer holidays to come soon
阿信 05S73 jiankai kai ling pohjee shell tianjiao veron xiaolee xin hui xueyi daoju/hcyy ame angela boonie jiayi jiching jinhin kj leeheng liting liwei nicholas ph rachel siok wk xinyu (zhuzhang!) yunling zhiyu zixian hcco/tchsco alex(hcco) alice(hcco) damian dayang eugene hansheng james liangcheng melvin minyi woon keat zhenming zhiyong nyco caina cheegake ger gladys jaime jinglin junhua juliana lifern peishan/mei sab sinyee tongchong xiaohong xiner xiwen zhiting
September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 August 2010 November 2012 goodbyedesigner: eminence. image: Sara Bareilles' Site background: Photobucket quote: Terry Pratchett |
Tuesday, June 28, 2005Whoa, finally have time to take a breather... *huxi* Not that it's very stifling or anything, as compared to mid years in secondary school, but maybe it's just the environment. I actually find myself quite enjoying block tests, and I'm not some sadistic idiot who likes mugging my brains dead and sitting for hours at a time in some stuffy classroom maniacally scribbling on various pieces of paper in a furious bid to not lose as many marks as possible. (-looks back- That was one long sentence...) Anyway, probably the only reason why I like it is 'cos it's short! I mean compared to lengthy lectures and tutorials that slowly but surely zap your energy away, tests are over and done with within that few hours, if your paper is in the morning, you go home early, if it isn't, you get to wake up late. But if you have two papers in one day... Well that's just too bad. And block tests are more fun than mid years, because there are only 4 subjects, so you don't spend 2+ weeks in a state of routine mid years, wishing very hard that some alien invades the school building and kidnaps all the exam papers for experimentation. This time round, block tests are finished in less than two weeks! =) Like hs said, a quick death (though not necessarily painless) is always much better than a long drawn out (slow and not painless either) death. =D Maybe I'm the only weird psychotic person around here who actually enjoys tests, not mugging for them or getting them back, but just doing it is quite fun actually. Anyway, to report on my current situation, I've finished GP and Chemistry, one yesterday and one today. I wrote loads of rubbish for GP, using up about 4 sides+ for my compo, and the extra piece to stick under my table leg because it was shaky! Comprehension was difficult in trying to find a speed at which I could finish the paper and yet have legible handwriting. I think I did sort of finish the paper, but sacrificed the legibility of my handwriting, which makes everything quite not-worth it in the end. =( Today was chemistry day! Woke up relatively early, considering the paper was at 1 in the afternoon. Went with cg to KAP to mug chem, and eat breakfast. We saw lots and lots of nj people there, which is kind of weird, but oh well, all Bukit Timah area people yeah? Quite fun mugging with cg at KAP lahz, especially chem. Unfortunately I was terribly braindead this morning, which resulted in a lot of yawning and teary eyes, until the caffeine from the tea finally kicked in. Anyway I must learn to hold my tongue and not call people stupid anymore, at least until block tests are over anyway. I can't remember why we were so entertained every now and then, but it was amusing anyway, and I even managed to get some chem stuck in my head! But when the paper came, it was again a matter of having NO time! MCQ was haphazardly done, the phrase eeny meeny miney moe becoming one of my favourites close to the end due to sheer lack of time. Paper two wasn't any better, since I was left with about 15 minutes and I still hadn't sort of reached section B yet. And the invigilator! Ugh, the invigilator was late, didn't wait for the entire class to be present before she handed out the papers, and didn't even state clearly that we could in fact start on the paper already! Later, because of the times being pushed back, we were deprived of a break, a short one, but a break nonetheless, that could have been spent furiously flipping through chem notes to consolidate and check up things we were unsure of... But no... The "VERY considerate" invigilator just handed out the papers and (once again not clearly) told us to begin. nf had I think run off to the toilet during the break, and she just started without him! And I don't think he got any extra time towards the end either... I hope we don't meet such an invigilator again, I'm quite sure I need all the time I can get doing papers. In any case, good luck to everyone who's still doing tests and stuff like that (including myself), but seek comfort in that it will all be over soon... |