sometimes glass glitters

[−]
zx. 20+. wants(1 gpa to stay abv 4.00 (2 big watsons dog/guitar lessons/tohoshinki cds/dvds/polaroid camera(on a whimsy)/new sandals/dresses!/skirts/tops/shorts... (3 summer holidays to come soon

more than diamonds

[−]

goodbye


designer: eminence.
image: Sara Bareilles' Site
background: Photobucket quote: Terry Pratchett

Wednesday, May 04, 2005


Hmm, my last post was uberly depressed. =( I guess I was just feeling sentimental and weepy. Now I'm just tired. But then again, when I lack sleep, I tend to become kookier. Or rather I start doing things like randomly hitting people that I probably might not do if I had slept enough.

Anyway, co bagged a gold with honours. -beams- I didn't feel very overwhelmed or anything, not sure why, but I was quite happy about it. It's nice to be able to sort of mi bu that silver from 2 years ago, yet I feel that the silver touched me more. After the results were announced we were supposed to go xiao long bao-ing, but we ended up scattered around cineleisure. That was when I suddenly felt like eating desserts, like ice cream, cakes or famous amos cookies! To sum it up, I felt piggy. =) But piggy in a good way, I think.

It's all over so fast, yesterday whilst sitting there and listening to the other schools, qinghua was mentioning how barely a few hours ago we were in the tuning room practising. A few minutes later we were on stage performing. And minutes after that we were on the lower floor of the hall, listening to victoria playing on stage, with njc in one of the columns and ac somewhere in front of us.

Sitting in the same room, on higher level seats for the afternoon session, the feeling was once again different. It was a complicated day, having all those different yet equally strong emotions within hours of each other. It crammed within that few hours, in the same small space of a little hall, with shiny brass instruments reflecting light into your eyes, or shimmery costumes meant to dazzle and impress. Loud, heavy beats coming steadily, enhanced by the percussion friendly acoustics of the hall, sharp piercing notes, sometimes accurate, often not, and warm soothing sounds that were very useful in puting people(like me!) to sleep. Then again if you only slept 4 hours the night before, I don't think you'd be very much awake either.

Months of practise, one day, one bridge announcement, and now it's all over.

Back to the life, or no life that I had and will continue with, until the next time consuming activity that causes me not to leave school till the sun goes down.

Interestingly, when I got home today at 7.10, my dad remarked, "This is called early?" I told him that the sun was still up. =)